The tofu just did not have any flavor. Although by itself the marinade was great, it did absolutely nothing as far as the tofu goes.
Ginger-Sesame Grilled Tofu Steaks
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40.6g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 669mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 pound reduced-fat extrafirm water-packed tofu, drained and cut crosswise into 8 slices
- 2/3 cup Ginger-Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 8 lime slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups hot cooked short-grain white rice
- Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally. Combine Ginger-Sesame Vinaigrette, cilantro, and soy sauce in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Remove 1/4 cup cilantro mixture; set aside. Add tofu to dish in a single layer, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Add lime slices to marinade, turning to coat. Remove tofu and lime slices from marinade, reserving marinade. Place tofu and lime slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until browned and thoroughly heated, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Spoon 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 tofu slices and 2 lime slices; drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon reserved cilantro mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This