Fresh ginger is sweeter than the ground dried kind. This whipped butter carries the essence of ginger beautifully. Use dollops of it on roasted sweet potatoes, winter squash, fresh green beans and spring peas as well as on grilled fish and pork.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, beat the butter with the scallions, grated ginger, salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note