Ginger Sand Dollar
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup crystallized candied ginger, finely chopped
- Colored sanding sugar or turbinado sugar
- Slivered almonds
- 1. Beat butter and 2 cups sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating well at low speed until blended. Stir ginger into batter.
- 2. Sprinkle sugar on wax paper. Shape dough into 2 (6 1/2-inch) logs on sugar; roll logs in sugar. Wrap each log in wax paper, and chill 4 hours. (Freeze dough in zip-top plastic freezer bags up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw 10 minutes before slicing.)
- 3. Cut logs into slices, sprinkle each with sugar, and arrange 5 slivered almonds in a star design to resemble sand dollars.
- 4. Bake, in batches, at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool on pans 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks, and let cool completely.
Note: Bake time is per batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies