Ginger-Rosemary Lemon-Drop Cocktails
For these homemade lemon-drop cocktails, infuse lemonade with fresh rosemary and ginger and mix with citron vodka for a sweet-and-tart warm weather drink.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 1.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 piece unpeeled ginger, about 1 1/4 in. by 1 1/4 in., sliced into 1/8-in.-thick coins
- 2 sprigs rosemary (5 in. each), plus 8 sprigs (1 1/2 in. each) for garnish
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (at least 5 lemons)
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups citron vodka
- 1. Make lemon concentrate: In a medium saucepan, bring 2/3 cup sugar, ginger, 5-in. rosemary sprigs, and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Let steep at room temperature 20 minutes. Strain into a medium bowl, discarding rosemary and ginger, and stir in lemon juice.
- 2. Pour remaining 2/3 cup sugar onto a plate. Slice 2 thin slices from lemon and quarter the slices. Insert a 1 1/2-in. rosemary sprig through center of each quarter. With a wedge cut from remaining lemon, moisten the rims of 8 cocktail glasses. Twist rims gently in sugar to coat.
- 3. Fill a large pitcher half-full with ice cubes. Pour in vodka and lemon concentrate and stir vigorously. Strain into glasses, dividing evenly. Float a rosemary-skewered lemon quarter in each.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
For a nonalcoholic ginger lemonade, increase the water in the concentrate to 3 cups and the sugar to 3/4 cup. Concentrate may be kept, covered and chilled, up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note