Ginger Pound Cake with Glazed Cranberry Ambrosia
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Glazed Cranberry Ambrosia
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy; gradually add sugar, and beat 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in ginger and vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in a pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Glazed Cranberry Ambrosia.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note