Ginger Pound Cake
Found in Fields of Greens, Annie Somerville. Serve with fruit or ice cream, to your liking
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/4 cup(s) sifted unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange zest
- 2 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) ginger grated fresh
- 1 cup(s) milk room temperature
- Preheat oven to 300F. Butter and lightly flour a 10-inch tube pan or 2 loaf pans, or line with parchment paper. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Cream the butter and zest until light and fluffy, about five minutes. Gradually add the sugar and beat until the mixture is fluffy again. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating each well. Mix in the fresh ginger. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cedurham and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note