Ginger Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (2.7-ounce) jar crystallized ginger, finely minced
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: crystallized ginger
- Cook milk and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Remove from heat, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition just until yellow disappears.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Serve with ice cream, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ginger Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Weddings, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Christmas, Labor Day, Memorial Day, New Year's, Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Desserts