Ginger-Poached Chicken and Broth
Photo: John Lee; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 541mg
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- 4 cans (14.5 oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 5 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves, cut into large chunks
- 1. Bring 3 cans broth to a boil in a pot with ginger and garlic. Add chicken, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked, 15 minutes.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a serving bowl. Add remaining 1 can broth to pot and bring to a boil. Serve broth and chicken in separate bowls.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 day. Bring all broth to a boil with chicken, then remove chicken and chill separately from broth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This