Dust the knife with sugar before chopping the ginger to keep it from sticking.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Sautéed Pears
- Whipped cream
- Stir together baking mix, sugar, milk, and molasses until a soft dough forms; turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times.
- Pat dough to a 1/4-inch thickness, and cut with a 2 3/4-inch round biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Combine walnuts and next 4 ingredients; pat onto biscuit tops.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Split shortcakes in half. Layer half of biscuit halves with Sautéed Pears and whipped cream; top with remaining biscuit halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This