This is a great recipe. I make it every Yule for gifts, and my family asks for every year. Good blend of tastes, easy to make. I like to eat through the year too.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 2mg
- 6 cups cubed ripe Bosc or Bartlett pear (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded lemon (1 large)
- 1/4 cup pear-flavored liqueur
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir in sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 12 hours (do not refrigerate).
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Place 1 cup preserves into each of 4 sterilized (8-ounce) jars. Cover with lids, and cool upside down on a wire rack. Chill.
- Note: Preserves will keep in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ginger-Pear Preserves Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This