- 12 large firm Bosc pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Toss sliced pears with brown sugar and flour.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pear mixture, and cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in pecans, ginger, and lemon rind.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Roll piecrusts to press out fold lines; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling. Reroll remaining strips and scraps. Cut leaf shapes from piecrust using a small 1-inch leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Use a paring knife to gently score designs in leaves, if desired. Arrange leaf shapes around inner edge of the baking dish, forming a decorative border over ends of lattice.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush over piecrust.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries