Cooking Light DECEMBER 2008
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Coat an 11 x 7–inch baking dish with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
3. Place granulated sugar, butter, and orange rind in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add orange juice concentrate and eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Weigh or lightly spoon 9 ounces flour (about 2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 9 ounces flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk. Beating with a mixer at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended.
5. Combine 3 tablespoons batter, brown sugar, crystallized ginger, and orange marmalade in a small bowl.
6. Spoon remaining batter into prepared dish. Dollop marmalade mixture over batter; swirl batters together using the tip of a knife.
7. Bake at 325° for 38 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Go to full version of