My family loves this cake, but with a few modifications. I don't buy orange juice concentrate so I just substituted the juice of half an orange. I also added 1/2 cup milk so the cake is deliciously moist!
Ginger Orange Swirl Cake
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 41.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 271mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 2 large eggs
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, minced (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Coat an 11 x 7–inch baking dish with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
- 3. Place granulated sugar, butter, and orange rind in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add orange juice concentrate and eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4. Weigh or lightly spoon 9 ounces flour (about 2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 9 ounces flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk. Beating with a mixer at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended.
- 5. Combine 3 tablespoons batter, brown sugar, crystallized ginger, and orange marmalade in a small bowl.
- 6. Spoon remaining batter into prepared dish. Dollop marmalade mixture over batter; swirl batters together using the tip of a knife.
- 7. Bake at 325° for 38 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts