Ginger-Orange Almonds and Pears
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
Crystallized ginger and ground ginger give extra kick to this morning flavor-lifter for hot cereal or yogurt.
Yield: Serves 10 (makes 2 1/2 cups) (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped moist-looking dried pears
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, gently toss and rub almonds with salt, ground ginger, orange zest, oil, honey, and crystallized ginger until evenly coated.
- 2. Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, turning nuts halfway through baking, until light golden, 5 to 10 minutes total. Let cool completely.
- 3. Toss almonds with dried pears.
- Make ahead: Up to 3 days; 1 week if you add dried pears just before eating.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This