More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 16 Minutes
Cool: 45 Minutes
- 1 (16.5-oz.) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar*
- 1. Tear cookie dough into pieces in a large bowl. Stir in next 5 ingredients until well combined.
- 2. Press onto bottom of a lightly greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with turbinado sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in baking dish on a wire rack 20 minutes. Remove from baking dish to wire rack, and cool 10 more minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- 4. Cut cookie into 14 (3/4-inch-wide) strips with a serrated knife using a gentle sawing motion. Place strips on a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 300° for 18 minutes on each side. Remove to wire racks, and let cool 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- *2 tsp. granulated sugar may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Chocolate Chip refrigerated cookie dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts