Ginger Marinated Steak and Noodle Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger Grated, plus 6 thin slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Flank steak
- 3/4 pound(s) carrots Thinly sliced
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers Sliced lenghtwise
- 8 ounce(s) Rice noodles (pad Thai)
- 1 cup(s) Fresh cilantro sprigs
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, grated ginger, red pepper, 3 TBSP each of the vinegar and brown sugar, and 2 TBSP of the oil. Pour two-thirds of the dressing into a shallow baking dish; add the steak and refrigerate, turning once for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours. Set aside remaining dressing.
- In a small saucepan, bring to a boil 1/2 cup water, the remaining 1/2 cup of vinegar, the remaining TBSP brown sugar, the sliced ginger and 1/2 tsp salt. Add the carrots and jalapeño and simmer until the carrots are crisp tender, 1-2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until cool, at least 1 hour.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, cook the noodles according to the package directions; rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak to the desired done ness, 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve on the noodles with the pickled vegetables, cilantro, and reserved dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ccbrennan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note