- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons bottled fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 235
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 5.2 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 25.8 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 397 mg
- calcium 15 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan. Dip each steak into the lime mixture to coat.
Place fish on a broiling pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
While fish cooks, place lime juice mixture over medium heat; cook until reduced by half (about 8 minutes). Serve sauce with fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.