Ideal for fall and winter. Similar to the concept of scalloped potatoes.
Ginger-Lime Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 cup thinly sliced peeled sweet potato (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and potato in a large bowl; toss well.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and next 7 ingredients (sugar through pepper); cook 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Pour over potato mixture; toss well. Spoon mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 55 minutes or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables