Ginger and Lime Marinated Melon
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
Skewer the melon after marinating for easy-to-eat melon pops.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 (3 1/2-lb.) cantaloupe
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Cheesecloth or coffee filter
- 2 tablespoons Demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel, seed, and slice cantaloupe into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Grate ginger to equal 1 Tbsp., using large holes of a box grater. Place grated ginger in a piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Squeeze juice from grated ginger into a large bowl; discard solids. Add cantaloupe, sugar, and remaining ingredients to bowl; toss to coat. Pack mixture into 2 (1-qt.) wide-mouth canning jars; pour any accumulated juices into jars. Cover with metal lids, and screw on bands. Chill 3 to 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note