Ginger-Lime Beef Stir-fry
Notes: Serve with hot cooked rice or spoon mixture onto crisp salad greens.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 1 red bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 pound boned beef top sirloin, fat trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salad oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Rinse, stem, and seed bell pepper; trim out and discard white veins. Cut pepper into strips about 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- 2. Rinse beef and pat dry. Cut across the grain into 1/16- to 1/8-inch-thick slices, then cut slices into bite-size pieces.
- 3. Pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat. When oil is hot, add bell pepper and stir just until tender-crisp to bite, about 3 minutes. Pour from pan into a bowl.
- 4. Add beef to pan and stir just until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat to bowl with pepper.
- 5. To meat juices in pan, add lime juice, honey, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and chili flakes. Boil over high heat, stirring often, until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour beef and bell pepper back into pan and stir until hot, about 30 seconds.
- 6. Spoon beef stir-fry onto plates and sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes