More From Food & Wine
Total: 3 Hours
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled ginger
- 4 plump stalks of fresh lemongrass, cut into 2-inch lengths and smashed, plus stalks for garnish
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon wheels and ice cubes, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sliced ginger with the smashed lemongrass and 4 cups of the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the sugar. Cover and let the ginger-lemongrass syrup steep off the heat until cool, about 2 hours.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard the ginger and lemongrass. Stir in the lemon juice and the remaining 2 cups of water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Make the soda according to the manufacturers' directions. Serve in tall glasses over ice, garnished with lemon wheels and lemongrass stalks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This