The fresh grated ginger and juice give this beverage a nice kick.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 2 cups chilled apple cider or apple juice, divided
- 1/4 cup grated peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 1/3 cup frozen lemon sorbet
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Place 1 cup cider in a blender.
- Place 3 tablespoons grated ginger on several layers of damp cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together; squeeze cheesecloth bag over a small bowl. Set 2 tablespoons ginger juice aside, and discard remaining ginger juice and pulp.
- Add ginger juice and remaining 1 tablespoon grated ginger to blender, and process until smooth. Add remaining cider and sorbet. Blend until smooth and frothy. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ginger-Lemon Tonic Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Beverages