I love these bars! I am not a fan of super-sweet desserts, and these bars have some heat to counteract the sweet. You must use crystallized ginger, found with Asian foods.
Ginger-Lemon Bars with Almond Streusel
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Yield: Makes 4 dozen
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (10-oz.) jar lemon curd
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Toss in almonds; reserve 1 cup flour mixture. Press remaining flour mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread lemon curd over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle with ginger and reserved flour mixture. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Dickinson's Lemon Curd.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note