Ginger-Infused Japanese Rice Pudding
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 83mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 3 cups plain soy milk
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Crystallized ginger, for garnish, optional
- 1. Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugars. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Turn heat to low, stir, and simmer about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 2. Pudding: Place grated ginger in cheesecloth; tie with string. Combine milk, soy milk, and ginger tea bag in a large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 15–20 minutes. Occasionally skim top. Remove ginger bag.
- 3. Stir in rice and syrup. Cook on high until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, until pudding thickens and rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Add heavy cream.
- 4. Spoon pudding into each of 10 cups, topping each with a strawberry slice and the ginger, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts