Ginger Gravlax with Cilantro-Mustard Sauce
Yield: 12 appetizer servings
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet with skin attached
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground black pepper
- Cilantro-Mustard Sauce
- Garnish: sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Remove small bones from salmon with tweezers; discard bones.
- Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients. Pour one-third of the mixture in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Place salmon fillet over sugar mixture, and top with remaining sugar mixture. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Place an 11- x 7-inch baking dish over salmon. Fill with heavy cans. Let stand 2 hours at room temperature. Remove weights and smaller dish; pour off liquid. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap; chill for 2 days.
- Rinse coating from salmon; pat dry. Slice thinly, starting at tail end. Serve on toasted baguette slices with Cilantro-Mustard Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For toasted baguette slices, cut baguette into 1/4-inch slices, and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350º for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ginger Gravlax with Cilantro-Mustard Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers