This is a simple, fast, outstanding recipe for shrimp. The subtle flavors make this recipe addictive to everyone kids and foodies.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 336mg
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per lb., tails on)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 quarter-size slices peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice cooking wine, such as Shaohsing
- 4 green onions, ends trimmed, finely sliced (including green parts)
- 1. In a bowl, sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons salt over shrimp and mix gently with your hands, about 1 minute. Pour shrimp into a colander and rinse well with cool water.
- 2. Pour oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir until they sizzle, about 30 seconds.
- 3. Add shrimp and rice wine; stir constantly until shrimp are almost all pink on the outside, about 2 minutes. Add green onions and stir just until shrimp are opaque in the center (cut to test), about 1 minute longer.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes