- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per lb., tails on)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 quarter-size slices peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice cooking wine, such as Shaohsing
- 4 green onions, ends trimmed, finely sliced (including green parts)
- calories 262
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- protein 35 g
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 5.8 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- sodium 336 mg
- cholesterol 259 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons salt over shrimp and mix gently with your hands, about 1 minute. Pour shrimp into a colander and rinse well with cool water.
Pour oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir until they sizzle, about 30 seconds.
Add shrimp and rice wine; stir constantly until shrimp are almost all pink on the outside, about 2 minutes. Add green onions and stir just until shrimp are opaque in the center (cut to test), about 1 minute longer.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.