Ginger Chicken Pizza
Sometimes Judy Burk makes the crust for this pizza from scratch; sometimes she saves time by starting with a purchased pizza crust. Either way, it showcases one of her favorite flavor combinations--ginger and garlic.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 542
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Sodium: 706mg
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- 2 tablespoons minced or pressed garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions (including tops)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded boned, skinned cooked chicken
- 3 firm-ripe Roma tomatoes (about 9 oz. total)
- 1 baked pizza crust (12 in. wide; 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup purchased pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 cup (1/4 lb.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir garlic, ginger, green onions, and oil just until onions are limp, about 5 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, mix soy sauce with chicken. Rinse and core tomatoes; cut crosswise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Place pizza crust in a 12-inch pizza pan or on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet. Spread crust evenly with sauce, then scatter chicken mixture and onion mixture over sauce. Sprinkle pizza with cheese, and arrange tomato slices evenly over the surface.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until cheese is melted and pizza is hot in center, 12 to 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note