Very good. It's all about the sauce and the oyster sauce adds to this recipe. I used tofu instead of chicken which really doesn't change much. Instead of water I used vegetable stock. That might have made the sauce a little richer. Lastly I added some red pepper flakes but I enjoy a little heat. I would definitely make this again.
Ginger Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Oyster Sauce
Tender strips of chicken and warm crisp vegetables combined with an Asian inspired sauce is an easy and popular way to get dinner on the table. Broccoli florets hold so much sauce and each bite is full of flavor. The oyster sauce in this recipe adds a savory note. Rrecipe loosely adapted from Cooking Canuck by Mary Younkin, Barefeet in the Kitchen.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1lb, cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- 3-inch piece(s) fresh ginger, peeled and chopped very small, about 3 tablespoons minced
- 2 large clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch(es) broccoli, cut into small florets, about 4 cups florets
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 - 2 cup(s) baby mushrooms, halved as desired
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a very large skillet or wok, warm the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring or tossing frequently, until it is browned, about 10 minutes. Add the ginger, green onions, garlic, broccoli and mushrooms if desired. Cook, stirring or tossing constantly, until the pan is fragrant and the broccoli turns bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water to the mixture and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up all the browned bits. Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens, about 1 minute. Serve over rice if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note