A good recipe BUT add a teaspoon of baking powder or you will have flat discs and definitely chill the dough for about an hour. It makes is much easier to roll out. Other than those two changes, this is a good recipe.
Tuck them into a little box and leave them on someone's doorstep...surely you know someone who will give them a good home at Christmas!
Yield: 12 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, blend together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg and molasses.
- In a seperate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; gradually stir into butter mixture. Turn dough out onto well-floured surface; roll out to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough with a 2-inch gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 9 to 10 minutes, or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note