My family enjoyed this meal. I served it with the soba noodles. I found all of the ingredents and it was an easy meal to make.
Ginger Beef Salad with Miso Vinaigrette
Skip the grated cheese and croutons and serve an Asian-inspired salad with homemade seven-ingredient vinaigrette. Serve with soba noodles, followed by dessert.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 708mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white miso (soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce (about 3 small heads)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Sprinkle steak evenly with ginger, salt, and garlic. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine cilantro and next 6 ingredients (through chile paste) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle half of miso mixture over lettuce mixture; toss to coat.
- 4. Place 1 1/2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each with 3 ounces steak; top with miso mixture.
- Dessert: Heat 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup torn mint, and 1/4 cup water until sugar melts. Strain; cool. Stir in 4 cups halved strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads