- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white miso (soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce (about 3 small heads)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- calories 282
- fat 9.3 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 26.9 g
- carbohydrate 22.9 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 3.2 mg
- sodium 708 mg
- calcium 57 mg
How to Make It
Sprinkle steak evenly with ginger, salt, and garlic. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Combine cilantro and next 6 ingredients (through chile paste) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle half of miso mixture over lettuce mixture; toss to coat.
Place 1 1/2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each with 3 ounces steak; top with miso mixture.
Dessert: Heat 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup torn mint, and 1/4 cup water until sugar melts. Strain; cool. Stir in 4 cups halved strawberries.