I thought this was good, if slightly unremarkable. I'm hard pressed to find any stir fry I don't like.
Ginger, Beef, and Green Bean Stir-Fry
Fresh green beans and bell peppers combine with chili garlic and hoisin sauces for a quick and tasty entrée.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups beef mixture and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 440
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 745mg
- Calcium: 142mg
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 5 cups (2-inch) cut green beans (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 3/4 cup (2-inch) slices green onion tops
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup chopped green onions, ginger, and garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add beef to pan, and sauté for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Wipe pan dry with a paper towel. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; heat over medium-high heat. Add beans and pepper to pan. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 3/4 cup green onion tops; sauté 1 minute. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes