Quick and easy, but also fairly bland. Won't make it again.
Steamed broccoli or sugar snap peas would be a good accompaniment for this dish seasoned with sherry, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup ginger beef, 1/2 cup rice, and 1 lime slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 468mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup low-salt beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 lime slices
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Combine broth and next 6 ingredients (broth through pepper). Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add steak; sauté 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Stir in broth mixture; cook 10 seconds until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve over rice with lime slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes