Quick and easy, but also fairly bland. Won't make it again.
Steamed broccoli or sugar snap peas would be a good accompaniment for this dish seasoned with sherry, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup ginger beef, 1/2 cup rice, and 1 lime slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 468mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup low-salt beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 lime slices
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Combine broth and next 6 ingredients (broth through pepper). Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add steak; sauté 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Stir in broth mixture; cook 10 seconds until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve over rice with lime slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note