Cool: 40 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 16 oz can Applesauce
- 1 cup Dark Molasses
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 10" tube pan and dust with flour.
- 2. In a saucepan bring the applesauce to a boil. Stir in molasses and baking soda. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Sift flour with salt and spices, set aside. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs until light in color. Gradually beat in sugar and continue beating until thick, then gradually beat in oil.
- 4. Alternately fold in flour mixture and applesauce mixture. It is best to mix by hand with a wooden spoon. Do not over-mix. Pour into pan.
- 5. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes (it is a good idea to check after just 1 hour since it is criminal to dry-out this cake). Toothpick should come out clean. Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove to a rack to continue cooling. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BrianTWard and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note