- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 (16-oz.) pkg. phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cut each chicken breast in half the short way and pound each piece to flatten slightly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon cranberry sauce and one tablespoon unmelted butter on each of 4 pieces of chicken breast and place another breast piece on top.
- Unroll dough and cut dough in half lengthwise. Working with 8 strips of dough at a time, stack 2 strips together for a total of 4 stacks. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Brush each stack with melted butter. To make package, layer 2 sets of stacks to make an "x," in center of dough stack and pull ends up together in the center, pinching ends closed at the top like a beggar's purse.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Shield tops with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes of baking, if necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This