Good things come in small packages...like these chicken breasts layered in the middle with cranberry sauce and wrapped in phyllo dough. These goodies turn an ordinary meal into something extraordinary.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 (16-oz.) pkg. phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cut each chicken breast in half the short way and pound each piece to flatten slightly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon cranberry sauce and one tablespoon unmelted butter on each of 4 pieces of chicken breast and place another breast piece on top.
- Unroll dough and cut dough in half lengthwise. Working with 8 strips of dough at a time, stack 2 strips together for a total of 4 stacks. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Brush each stack with melted butter. To make package, layer 2 sets of stacks to make an "x," in center of dough stack and pull ends up together in the center, pinching ends closed at the top like a beggar's purse.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Shield tops with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes of baking, if necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gift-Wrapped Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch