Yield: 4 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- Giblets and neck reserved from turkey
- 4 cups water
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 hard-cooked large egg, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine giblets, neck, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until giblets are tender. Strain, reserving broth. Discard turkey neck. Coarsely chop giblets; set aside.
- Skim and discard fat from reserved pan drippings of roasted turkey. Add reserved broth (at least 2 1/2 cups) to pan drippings; stir until browned bits are loosened from bottom of roasting pan.
- Transfer broth and drippings to a saucepan, if desired, or continue cooking in roasting pan over 2 burners on the stove. Stir in chopped giblets. Add onion and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water, stirring well; gradually stir into gravy. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in egg. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments