- Neck and giblets reserved from turkey
- 4 cups water
- 1 celery rib with leaves, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours, removing liver after 20 minutes to prevent overcooking. Remove from heat. Pour broth through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Remove neck meat from bone; chop, and set aside. Chop remaining giblets, and set aside.
- Stir 3 1/2 cups broth into reserved turkey drippings in broiler pan that turkey roasted in, or in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and 1/2 cup water, stirring until smooth; gradually whisk into boiling broth. Add salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chopped neck meat and giblets; cook until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note