- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups organic chicken broth
- Giblets and neck from 1 turkey, finely chopped*
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 large hard-cooked egg, peeled and sliced
How to Make It
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in broth and next 3 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until giblets are thoroughly cooked and gravy is thickened. Stir in sherry and egg just before serving.
* 1/4 cup each finely chopped chicken gizzards and livers may be substituted.