Giant Snickerdoodle Cookies
Chill: 4 Hours
- 4.5 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon extract or 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1.25 cup(s) shortening
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat shortening with electric mixer on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Add 2 cups sugar. Beat til combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and lemon extract/peel.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternatively to creamed mixture, scarping down sides of bowl as necessary. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Meanwhile, combine the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. For each cookie, use a 1/4 cup measure or 1/4 cup ice cream scoop (if use ice-cream scoop, lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray to help prevent dough from sticking). Roll each scoop of dough in the sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. Place 3" apart on cookie sheet. With palm of hand, gently press down cookie to 1/2" thickness.
- Bake cookies 12-14 min or til bottoms are light gold. Transfer to rack. They bake more evenly if you bake one batch at a time.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraJasmine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Giant Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies