Giant Oatmeal-Spice Cookies
If you like these cookies spicier, increase the ginger, allspice, and cloves.
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Stir together first 7 ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Stir in oats, chopped pecans, and if desired, raisins.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets; lightly press down dough.
- Bake, in batches, at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes. (Cookies should not be brown around the edges, and centers will not look quite done.) Cool slightly on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This