Giant Cream Puffs
Make cream puffs fit for a bakery in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- Garnish: powdered sugar or melted chocolate
- Cream Filling:
- 1 3-1/2 oz. pkg. instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine water and butter in a large heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir until butter melts.
- Add flour and salt; mix thoroughly until dough comes away from sides of saucepan. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip (or use a large spoon). Form 8 rounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; smooth tops with a finger dipped in cold water.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden. Let stand for several minutes in oven with oven door open; cool on a wire rack.
- For Cream Filling: In a medium bowl, beat pudding mix and milk together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed; set aside. In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Chill. Slice puffs open; fill with Cream Filling. Garnish as desired with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a drizzle of melted chocolate. Serve within one hour. Makes 8 puffs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts