Giant, outstanding CInnamon Rolls!!! :)
Giant Cinnamon Rolls
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 554
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 8.6g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrate: 95g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- 15 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening or butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 3/4 cups flour, plus about 1/4 cup for rolling
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Cooking-oil spray
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix 1 tbsp. granulated sugar, 1/4 cup warm (110°) water, and yeast. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups more warm water, salt, 6 tbsp. granulated sugar, shortening, and egg. Mix until blended.
- 2. Change to dough hook, gradually add 3 3/4 cups flour, and beat on medium speed until dough is smooth and stretchy and pulls away somewhat from inside of bowl, about 10 minutes (dough will still feel quite wet).
- 3. Remove hook from bowl and loosely cover bowl. Let dough rise at room temperature until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp. cinnamon with 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Generously flour a large work surface and scrape dough onto it. Generously sprinkle dough and a rolling pin with flour.
- 5. Very gently roll and pat dough into a 10- by 24-in. rectangle, keeping a light coating of flour on dough but trying not to work it in. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and brown sugar, then roll dough into a log starting from a 10-in. side. Cut dough straight down into 8 equal slices. Place slices cut-side up in a greased 10-in. springform pan. Let stand until puffy, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 6. Set springform pan on rimmed baking pan and bake rolls until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center roll (avoid cinnamon-sugar swirls) comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack, 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the cinnamon butter: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter with 1 tsp. cinnamon until blended.
- 7. Run a knife around inside of pan to release rolls; remove pan rim. With a serrated knife, cut rolls apart and top each with about 1 tbsp. cinnamon butter. Put rolls on a platter and place in warm oven until butter has mostly melted, about 1 minute.
- Make ahead: Instead of letting rolls rise on the counter (step 5), immediately cover with a piece of oiled plastic wrap and chill overnight. In the morning, let stand at room temperature until puffy and no longer cold, about 1 1/4 hours. Bake as directed.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per roll.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note