Giant Cinnamon Buns
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) crisco
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cake yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) lukewarm water
- 4 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- Heat milk shortening, salt and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Heat until shortening melts, but do not boil. Let cool to tepid. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Dissolve yeast in water with 1 tsp. of sugar. Combine 3-1/2 cups flour with yeast mixture and milk mixture, stirring to form ragged dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured board. Clean and butter bowl. Knead dough for 8 minutes, until smooth, adding flour if necessary. Return to bowl. Cover and lace in warm place to rise until double in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch down dough. Roll out onto a lightly floured board to 1/4" thick and about 12-14" square. Brush with melted butter. Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the dough. Roll dough like jelly roll. Use a very sharp knife to cut 1-1/2" thick slices from roll. Place, cut side up, on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place for 45 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 325* Bake 25 minutes or until light golden brown. As buns bake, prepare glaze by beating 10x sugar and butter, adding just enough water to make a runny but not watery glaze. Remove buns from oven, place on a rack and let cool slightly. Drizzle glaze on buns while still warm.
- GLAZE: In mixing bowl combine 2 cups 10X sugar, 3 tbsp. soft butter, 2-3 tbsp. water. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SharonKurtz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes