Giant Cinnamon Buns
Oh! God! These are indescribably awesome!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) crisco
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cake yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) lukewarm water
- 4 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- Heat milk shortening, salt and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Heat until shortening melts, but do not boil. Let cool to tepid. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Dissolve yeast in water with 1 tsp. of sugar. Combine 3-1/2 cups flour with yeast mixture and milk mixture, stirring to form ragged dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured board. Clean and butter bowl. Knead dough for 8 minutes, until smooth, adding flour if necessary. Return to bowl. Cover and lace in warm place to rise until double in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch down dough. Roll out onto a lightly floured board to 1/4" thick and about 12-14" square. Brush with melted butter. Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the dough. Roll dough like jelly roll. Use a very sharp knife to cut 1-1/2" thick slices from roll. Place, cut side up, on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place for 45 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 325* Bake 25 minutes or until light golden brown. As buns bake, prepare glaze by beating 10x sugar and butter, adding just enough water to make a runny but not watery glaze. Remove buns from oven, place on a rack and let cool slightly. Drizzle glaze on buns while still warm.
- GLAZE: In mixing bowl combine 2 cups 10X sugar, 3 tbsp. soft butter, 2-3 tbsp. water. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SharonKurtz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note