Ghosts in the Mud
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
These cookies are so ooey-gooey and chocolaty that a gang of ghosts couldn't resist and got stuck!
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 2 T. mini marshmallows
- Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl on high for one minute, or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped pecans and milk chocolate chips. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press 3 marshmallows into each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note