Gerry Fox's Stollen
Fox family Christmas tradition. Famous story--Grandma would make dozens of these and give as gifts. One year Brandy the Golden Retriever ate the sugar top off each!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 t salt
- 5 C flour
- 6 t 9heaping) Baking Powder
- 1 C white raisins
- 2 C sugar
- 1/4 & 1/8 lbs butter
- 2.5 T (heaping) lard
- 1/4 lb. citron (mixed fruit) 1/4 lb. blanched almonds
- 2 t almond extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 T rum
- 1 lb. creamy cottage cheese
- Almonds should be ground as fine as possible. Mixing is done with hand. Have all ingredients at room temp. Mix all dry ingredients with the butter and lard. Then add in raisins, citron, almonds. Last add all liquids, eggs, & cottage cheese.
- Put into greased 4x8 pans. Will make about 4 loaves.
- When baked drizzle with add'l melted butter (about 1/8 lb) and sprinkle with sugar. Repeat layers until all butter has been used up.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SusanFox and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gerry Fox's Stollen Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads