- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded (1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apple and onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Add cabbage and vinegar.
Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over cabbage. Add wine; cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 35 minutes.