German Style Potato Salad
Community Recipe from
- 8 slice(s) bacon diced
- 8 red potatoes, medium
- 1/2 cup(s) celery diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) onion minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) cold water
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Boil potatoes in skins until done. Peel and dice.
- Add celery, boiled eggs, onion and parsley.
- Set aside.
- Fry bacon in heavy pan. Drain all but 3-4 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Add sugar, vinegar, water, eggs, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Simmer about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour bacon mixture over potatoes.
- Mix gently.
- Serve while still warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kkemballcook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
German Style Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables