- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Tear bread into small pieces, and place in a small shallow bowl. Add water to cover, and let soak about 5 minutes. Squeeze water from bread; discard water. Set bread aside.
- Sauté onion in butter until tender. Combine sautéed onion, bread, meat, eggs, salt, nutmeg, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Mix well; shape into 2-inch meatballs.
- Bring beef broth to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove meatballs; set aside. Reserve pan liquid.
- Combine flour and water, mixing well. Stir flour mixture into reserved pan liquid. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Return meatballs to Dutch oven; cook over low heat until meatballs are thoroughly heated. Serve meatballs and gravy over hot cooked noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes