German Roast Pork & Sauerkraut
Succulent pork gets dressed up with loads of saeurkraut for an authentic German experience.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 3 pounds to 4 pounds boneless pork roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 32-oz. pkg. sauerkraut
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- 1 14-oz. pkg. frozen pierogies
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Heat shortening in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides; place in a slow cooker. Add undrained sauerkraut, apples and juice or water; blend. Gently add pierogies so they are partly submerged in the sauerkraut (as the roast cooks, more liquid will cover the pierogies). Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
German Roast Pork & Sauerkraut Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Main Dishes